Monday, June 4, 2012

Salina

OK so from Taormina I took a bus to Palermo. Palermo was cool but it didn't really float my boat (I had 2 very detailed blog entries about it but because of this stupid blogger app they no longer exist and I WILL NOT retype them) so after Palermo I took a train to Milazzo then a ferry to Salina. Best random choice I ever made. I have now been living in Salina for 4 days and decided that I should probably make it permanent, or at least semi permanent. So today I went out and found out who spoke English, like 4 people on this island, and asked them what I could do and where to live. By 4 pm I had a job, a place to live, and a nice 2 day trip to Stromboli, I leave tomorrow. Not bad for a leisurely afternoon.

My first day here I climbed to the top of the island, mount fossa, very awesome and super fun. The highest point in the Islands.

My second day I went to the beach in Lingua, also very cool and empty!

Yesterday I hitchhiked to Pollara to go to the beach and the caper festival. And today I got a job!




This is the old lookout castle overlooking the coastal cliffs in Pollara.


 






Caper festival, Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment