Friday, May 11, 2012

Romeo y Julieta

No dad, I have yet to find any Cubans, but I have found amazing cheese, wine, bread, and olives.

Thursday, after waking up (completely jet lag free might I add) La and I went to the mall to activate the sim card in my Nokia, yay now I can call La and my parents. In this same mall they have a giant grocery. Awesome. All of this amazing food is soooooo cheap!!! la and I got prociutto wrapped brie that you bake till its melty... then omg heavennnn. It was only 2 euros for 2 of them. So after oggeling all of these wonderful items I only ended up coming home with the brie, bread, a bottle of wine (3euro) limoncello and some bath products. Successful I'd say.

 As soon as we arrived home we ate, had a cappuccino, and left to pick Luca up from daycare. From there we explored Cassano d'Adda and I got some wonderful pix of the town. (and some gelato) then we headed home where La made some delicious risotto with mushrooms for dinner.
These are some of the awesone sights fron La's town, Cassano d'Adda.

                                          The Adda River





The old part of town.
Borromeo Castle


Today, Friday, La and I took the train into Milan where she showed me the sights. We arrived around 11 and had to catch the 230 train home to get Luca from daycare in time. So I got a pretty basic preview of the sights in Milan, don't worry I'll be heading back into the city on Monday by myself and I'll have the whole day to walk around.

Milan and its 3 walls


                                                                  
                                                                                 









                                                         














Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
Duomo
Castello Sforezesco

Other things we accomplished are as follows:
I am going kayaking on the Adda river tomorrow at 5 with La's  neighbor
booked our train to bologna for the 14th
I decided on going to Venice the last weekend of may
We decided to see the ballet at the theater in Milan at some point between now and May 23
We are going out dancing in Milan tomorrow, Saturday, night
We are going to the beach the second weekend of June
I am going to Como for a night sometime between now and before I leave for Venice, so prolly the week after next

Phew well that list was more for me than anyone else.

Today, after we came back from daycare and the park, we had dinner with La's  mom and step dad. Homemade gnocchi with homemade pesto. yum. For dessert her step dad, Marco, also made a giant fruit tart. So good.

And now I'm tired and going to bed. All in all I have had an amazing 2 days (god I already feel like I've been here forever... in a good way of course), and don't worry dad. I'm not sure my luck will hold out on the cigar end (cross your fingers) but I'll keep looking for Cohiba and Partagas. Though you might be stuck with a Romeo or some weird other brand.

Also, I'm super tired when I write these at night, so don't judge me on my spelling or grammar... or total lack of coherent thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment