Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Welcome to Reykjavik

Yes, Iceland!

So first impressions... probably the quietest airport in the world, I mean it, its seriously silent. People are actually talking in a whisper. I like it. Even the crying baby from the 5 hour plane ride has finally shut up. Also ... hot spring like practically in the airport WHAT!!! Passengers are actually encouraged to go swimming during their layover! The sun. It is very very bright and very very hot. It rose at 4 am (yes I saw the sun rise and the moon rise all in one plane ride, don't ask me how I still don't understand it) and won't set until 10 pm.

Humm what else... well, flying in from the US it is very brown and dreary looking but all of the clouds seem to just hang in the sky. And they are not the weird whispy ones from the US they are those huge tall pillow like clouds, so cool.











So I guess in the same way Reykjavik was unique... Copenhagen is not. Don't get me wrong, its new and beautiful and clean and there is great food and actual grocery stores, but other than the grocery stores and cleanliness (and general politeness of everyone) it looks exactly like any American airport. So as I sit here having a Jacobsen Brown Ale at O'Learys here in the Copenhagen airport at what is my time 720 IN THE MORNING (wow I haven't don't that since my Mardi Gras days I guess I'm just acclimating well to the time zone difference) I am feeling right at home. Also, random thought, are all bartenders multilingual in Europe? If so than that is quite an accomplishment for the service industry here.
A super cool view from the plane of the Alps


And now, made it to Milan!!!!!!! Without even a hiccup! I'm at home with Luca and La (her mom made us pizza for dinner yum) and I am going to bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment