Sunday, April 13, 2014

Recap... again!

hello again! Its been so long! I wanted to pick this up again because... you guessed it, Im going back to Italia! I cant wait! I woke up this morning at 6, had a coffee, puttered around for a bit and skyped with La. One brainstorm, 10 minutes, and $700 later I had a ticket to Milan and I cant stop smiling. unfortunately seeing as I am now an adult (or so my parents tell me) I had to buy a roundtrip ticket so I will only be free to wander about for 19 days. All well, you gotta roll with the punches.
So, now that you know why I have re started this sorry attempt at a blog I will try to fill you in on the last... year?
wow. Hum...

Well I think I arrived in NYC the last week of October, I think.
I was chillin watching the kids (remember Aleccio & Michelle, well they bought my ticket to NYC to help them move here and transition the kids) about a week in I was in desperate need of some "adult time" AKA going to a bar and drinking.

So I rang up a friend I had made in Morocco who I knew lived in the city. Luckily she was going out with some friends and invited me along. Long story short, her friends are awesome and 3 days later I had a "real" job working in reality TV in NYC.



From that point on I have steadily been climbing the reality ladder which brings me to today. Oddly enough I am yet again coming to a crossroads in my career life and I am faced with a decision I have been successfully putting off so far. The past few months I have been working in a different state each week and working my butt off putting in 80+ hour weeks. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE traveling and as Im sure you are thinking, working on a traveling beach show... well things cant get any better can they? Despite the superficial awesomeness of the job (its really no picnic) I have found myself at the top of my game with nowhere to advance to. Do I continue to work a crazy but usually entertaining schedule for a mediocre but consistent paycheck or do I take a risk and try to jump onto something else? As a freelancer both the best and worst part of the job is being able to choose your own schedule. (and Ive gotta say, I do love that regular paycheck) Hummm... so I will put it off and do what may be becoming a habit... take a trip to my favorite place!


No comments:

Post a Comment