Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spoleto


My first day in Spoleto, Friday afternoon, I walked my way around the whole town and hit all the major landmarks, it’s a small town.











My second day I had a very nice breakfast at my hotel, unlimited cappuccinos people, and went off to buy stuff for my family. Mainly food. Cured bore, bore salami, pecorino cheese, truffle salami, porcini mushrooms, chestnut honey, you get the idea. Needless to say my luggage just got 10 lbs heavier. 

I walked back down the hill dropped of my purchases in my room and went back out for lunch, I decided to go for the #1 ranked restaurant in Spoleto and managed to get a table and boy was it delicious. I got raw tuna Carpaccio with red onion, raspberry vinegar, and some incredible black salt from somewhere exotic. Yum. Then I chose the risotto with saffron and melted cheese on top with porcini mushrooms, so delish with the house red.  I know your probably thinking when in Perugia eat as the perugians do (which means lots of pork) but I can never resist raw tuna, it may be my favorite food ever on this earth, and let me tell you, this place did it right.

After lunch I walked around, explored and caught a gorgeous sunset. 


No comments:

Post a Comment